Hotmail can also be accessed from a desktop email client. For that, you need the correct Hotmail settings. Hotmail is a web based email provided by the Microsoft company. It allows you to send and receive emails. Having a Hotmail account will also allow you to use Skype. You can also sign up for newsletters and such with your email account. Also, sign up for social media accounts using the Hotmail email account. Once, you set up Hotmail account, you can also save emails offline. That way you can review your messages offline as well.
How to Setup Hotmail Settings on Email Client?
- Double click on the email client’s icon on the desktop.
- This will launch the email client.
- So click on Add Account.
- Your email client should support SMTP and IMAP.
- So first select that you wish to Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Then, choose IMAP or Internet Email settings.
- Now type in your Name and your full Hotmail email address.
- So type in the following Hotmail settings. These values for Email clients which supports SMTP & IMAP settings.
- For Incoming (IMAP) Server: imap-mail.outlook.com. Put Port value: 993 and choose TSL for Encrypted Connection.
- For Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com. Put Port value as 587 and choose TLS for Encrypted Connection.
- The above Port value can also be accessed when you click on More Settings.
- Your email client will then test the Hotmail IMAP & SMTP settings.
- If the values are correct then the set up Hotmail account on the email client is a success.
You can find that sometimes your email clients do not support IMAP. For instance, it only supports POP settings. You can also configure Hotmail settings with POP3. We will show you the values you can use to configure.
How to Configure Hotmail with POP3?
- For this, you need to first enable POP for your Hotmail account.
- Do so by going to hotmail.com.
- Then type in your Hotmail login details in the fields provided.
- Sign in and the Hotmail inbox should appear on your web browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right corner of your browser.
- This should reveal a drop down menu below.
- Then, click on Options from the drop down menu.
- This should open your Hotmail settings in your browser.
- Look to the left of your screen. A tab should appear.
- So under Mail heading click on POP and IMAP.
- It will open up Hotmail Settings for POP, IMAP & SMTP.
- So under the POP options heading, select Yes.
- You can additionally choose to disable or able your devices or apps to delete Outlook messages.
- After that click on Save that is above.
- Then, on your email client, put these values mentioned below.
- Provide your name.
- Type in your Hotmail email address and password then.
- For Incoming (POP3) Server: pop-mail.outlook.com. Put Port value as 995 and choose TLS for Encryption method.
- For Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com. Put Port value as 587 and choose TLS for Encryption method.
- Then, your email clients will test the accuracy of your input settings.
- It will then show an OK sign.
So this is how you set up Hotmail account to your email client. You can always use the web browser to access your emails. However this way you can access it from your email applications even on your phone. For Hotmail login help on your browser, click on the link provided.
Outlook is an email service provided by Microsoft Inc. This email service is completely free. It comes with a lot of features that will make using this email service better. You can access your Outlook Mail login from email clients, web browser and the Outlook app. This Outlook app is available for both Android and Apple devices. You can also use the Outlook mail on your mobile’s web browsers easily. Outlook mail login is similar to Hotmail, Live and Office 365. You can also sign in with Outlook account to make MSN.com more personal. MSN is the web portal and its Search Engine is powered by Bing.
How To Login to Outlook Mail:
- Outlook Mail can be accessed from all web browsers like Explorer, Chrome, etc.
- Go to the web address – www.outlook.com.
- The Sign in to your Microsoft account page should load.
- In the Email or phone empty box, type in your email address.
- In the Password empty box, type in your password.
- Your password is case sensitive so be careful while typing.
- This means you should get all the upper and lower-case letters correct.
- You can uncheck the box next to ‘Keep me signed in‘.
- This action will make sure your login details will not get saved.
- This will help protect your Outlook mail login.
- You will be required to enter all the outlook login details everytime you sign in.
- You can skip this step if you are confident your login details will not get misused.
- Click on the blue Sign in rectangular button which is on the bottom.
- If you are not using your own PC, click the ‘Sign in with a single-use code‘ link.
- This is an alternate login without typing a password.
- This is to protect your Outlook mail login details.
- It is beacause you can never know where danger of identity theft can occur.
- You must know that application like Keystroke logging can record your password on PCs.
- Or use this alternate way to login to be safer.
- You would need to type in your @outlook.com email address.
- Select your Country of residence and type in your mobile number.
- Click on the Text me a code button.
- You will get a code in an SMS.
- Type in the Code and click on Sign in.
- You will then get logged into your Outlook Inbox.
To sign into your Outlook mail on mobile phones, simply Tap on its icon to run the app. You will then need to type in your email addres and password. Tap Sign in button to get logged in.
How To Login to Outlook Mail on Email Clients (Microsoft Outlook):
- Email Clients are third party email software which allows you to recieve and send emails.
- To basically use your Outlook mail login, you would have to set it up first.
- Click on Add Account from your email cilent’s Menu.
- Then, choose POP3 for Account Type.
- Incoming mail server is ‘pop3.live.com‘.
- Port Number is 995 and requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is ‘smtp.live.com‘.
- Port Number is 587 and choose requires an encrypted connection (TSL).
- For Logon information, type in your email address and password for your Outlook account.
- Then set the IMAP settings next.
- Incoming mail server: imap-mail.outlook.com
- Port No.: 995 (SSL required).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port No.: 587 (SSL/TLS required).
- Check the box ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication‘.
- When prompted, select ‘use same settings as my incoming mail server‘.
- If you are asked for Outlook Active Sync Settings, type in m.hotmail.com (SSL required).
- You can also use the same settings for Mail in your Android and iOS devices.
For login problems, you can click on the Forgot my password link. Or if you want to create a new Outlook account, click on Create one! link. For reseting your password help, you can refer to Live login article. You can refer to our Hotmail Sign in article for Signing up details. You have to know all these accounts are related email services.